Saturday, June 26, 2010

Back where I belong

P1010903 

If you can believe it, today is the first day I actually have full internet access in almost four weeks.  My addiction was raging out of control with no salve to calm me down.  Bouncing into the condo from Lane’s I headed straight to the computer since owner was actually NOT HOME YET and WHAT?  crappy internet.  I was not a happy dog.

Usually I go to Lane’s and just have a blast.  Roll around in some dirt, lie on some other dog’s bed just to piss him off, grab a few rays in my favourite spot out near the tire.  I like to see the action but not have the action jump over me, land on me, or yank at my ears.

tunnels 

This time I just wasn’t feeling up to snuff.  Couldn’t quite put my finger on the problem but soon discovered I had two abscessed teeth, a potential kidney infection and maybe something called a thyroid.  The only good to come out of this was  a few extra car rides to the animal hospital.   Bittersweet rides they were because every time we got in the car I thought I was going home to owner and curly haired.  NOT!  Feeling better now but my coat is embarrassing.  That thyroid seems to have made me turn a weird colour in big patchy bristly spots.  Vanity is my second  name and trust me no one is asking if I’m a puppy now.However, as old pops says (granddad to you), “you are only as young as you feel…hmmmm…OK have to work on my attitude too.)

group couch

Talking about old pops.  He lives up on the Ontario Quebec border. You all know what happened up there right?  Pops was sitting alone in his house when suddenly he felt his favourite chair shaking all around. He just knew it had to be his girlfriend, Margot, joking around since  no one likes a good laugh better than Margot.  Quick look over his shoulder told him, Nope, no one there.  Briefly it flashed into his head that perhaps the house was collapsing; it is over 100 years old.  As he got up to check out what in heck was going on a far more worrisome thought popped into his head.  Could it be?  Surely not! Had Marilynn, owner’s mum who died quite a few years ago, come back to haunt him because he has a girlfriend.Kathy - Mom and Dad   They had loved each other pretty intensely and she had been of the jealous persuasion to put it mildly.  Stranger things have happened right? In fact I see ghosts all the time, definitely one of the finer aspects of being a dog.  Luckily pops turned on the TV and realised he had just gone through an earthquake not a haunting. I’m sure he had a momentary yearning for the good old days when you think life is never going to change….a yearning owner feels now.

 image

 

My real life back in Telluride has returned.   I’ve marked  my territory to let everyone know the Caseinaimagetor is back and on the loose. Owner is dreamily looking at all the photos from Italy and Spain.   Curly haired is down in his office with the telephone stuck to his ear twenty four seven….don’t know why but all of these things just make me feel safe. Life as I know it shall go on.

P1010582

P1010490

Off we go to hike the Wiebe.  It will be easy since owner is not altitude acclimated and the hike will be painfully slow for Curly-haired.  I, on the other hand, love those long slow hikes where I have time to sniff every bush, roll twigs over with my nose, pee on an unclaimed rock and revel in the fact that I’m alive and loved.  Is there anything else?  See ya later.

P1080338

No comments: