Saturday, October 9, 2010

So this big fat Martian……

 

DSCN1329

As long as I live I will never understand humans.  All of this crazy stuff is going on with the Nobel Peace Prize and China and what do Owner, Curly and their friends talk about last night…..a big fat Martian landing in New Jersey and eating  Italians.  Now I did hear this through thick plate glass so I can’t be sure of all the details, but I’m pretty sure I have the gist of that movie plot.    Next they would all laugh and slap each other’s backs, make some asinine comments, laugh some more and then look at another card in a box and try to define the word “liripoop.” I think they were half in the bag because a big bottle of champagne went down.  Just in case you are wondering…..Benj’s graduating class at Bates forgot to adjust their liripoops at the end of the ceremony…and I hope so too because he was brought up better than that!   Oops, I stand corrected.  Now I recall that a liripooimagep is the tassley bit on the graduating cap…who knew?  I will say this though everybody had a fall on the floor time as various participants physically demonstrated how they thought a liripoop needed to be adjusted.  They are all nice humans but sophisticated?…they must have their own definitions for THAT word.  Oh by the way, if you are ever wandering through New York with your donkey, it  is either forbidden to bray between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m. or sleep in the bathtub. I got a bit confused on that question.   However, one smart ass answer was they aren’t allowed to bray towards Mecca which caused great chuckling since who doesn’t love a well done play on words.  It’s all just a load of Balderdash if you ask me.

My pal Louis, the African breed without a barker and an insatiable need to play tricks on their owners, and I just played with abandon as we ran around the property out back. Louis The temperature was cool, the night was young, and the humans had no idea what we were up to.  We chased skunk smell around the yard for a while, rolled in leaves,  drank out of the pool,  and  climbed on the furniture. What dog doesn’t get a kick out of rubbing their snotty nose all over clean windows.  Wonderful evening.   I love it when WE get invited out for the night;  it is a real break from apartment living.  And just in case you are wondering, Louis doesn’t wear his cowboy costume all the time, just when he damn well feels like it.  Don’t you wish you looked as good in YOUR chaps and lasso?

Had a little trip to the dog spa yesterday and had the usual doggie necessities taken care of.  Who wants toenails that click every time they meet a tile floor. My teeth were brushed…YUCK.   My going away present (scarf)  is DSCN1328fabulously covered with silvery sparkly bits that shine in the evening. No one has ever thought to decorate me with some bling before and it just feels so right.  It must be noted that scarves scare me.   Last time   my foot caught in it when I scratched my head and poof I lost my balance and fell off the bed.  My leg could have broken! 

Think I’ll go shake some tail.  See ya later.

No comments: